Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Admiration

Half of our first assignment was to find 5 pictures we admired.

Here they are...
Anurag's photo he titles "Old and Happy" is a beautiful portrait. I love the crispness of the black and white, and it is a perfect medium to really show the wrinkles that have so many stories beneath them.

The pastels in this photo bring about a dreamlike air to this scene that is quite captivating.


This David Kaspar photo portrays a sense of lonliness to me that is really captured with the use of black and white.

This little girl is so cute and this portrait captures her angelic features. The pink in the background really offsets her eyes as well.


I love how all of the focus is on the couple's hands. The unfocused background is very intriguing in this Lisa Hessel photo.

So there they are, some lovely photographs I hope you enjoyed. Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

Jacob said...

I like how the first photo is off-center.

I don't think it's so much the black and white that makes the boat picture lonely; I think it's the stillness of the waters.

I really like Lisa's photo and how the ring is off-center and the main focus of the center. Also, how the arms are pointing to the rock.

FatAlbert2.0 said...

like the second photo....its like something off a movie